The aim of the club is constantly being defined. What we will try this semester, is to use this space to teach/inform each other about topics of general interest. Such topics might originate simply out of curiosity from browsing the arXiv, or from actual needs we might have in our work. Blackboard presentations are encouraged.
The Darklight Journal Club meets every Tuesday at 1:00pm in the kitchen. Bring your lunch!
Let's list articles to discuss here:
Tuesday March 17, 2015, 1pm
browse astro-ph open for volunteers.
Wednesday March 18, 2015, 2pm
Modified gravity tutorial
Data da destinarsi
To the horizon and beyond: should we worry about GR effects in large-volume N-body simulations? [Notice the change of topic]
- November 20, 2014. Emiliano: Lagrangian Perturbation Theory (no more than one hour of it)
- November 13, 2014. Ben & Jason: Everything you need to know (but never bother to ask) before submitting a job on our beloved little cluster
- November 6, 2014. Adam: More on the HOD (only if you really want)
- October 30, 2014. Adam, Andrea & Faizan : A brief history of the Halo Occupation Distribution
Subscribe to the astro-ph.CO mailing list
To subscribe to the the astro-ph.CO mailing list and receive an email containing the titles and abstracts of all new papers for each day send an email with the following details:
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: subscribe <your name>
- add Cosmology and Nongalactic Astrophysics
For a more detailed description of how to subscribe to various arXiv mailing lists is available click here.